We are seeking a Sales Associate with great retail and service skills. Working at your locally owned Wild Birds Unlimited Amherst store is an opportunity to support and educate our friendly customers about birds and nature. The difference between Wild Birds Unlimited of Amherst and other retailers goes far beyond what we sell. It's who we are. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed expert advice and superior customer service are the hallmarks of our staff.
We are seeking a Sales Associate with great retail and service skills to work 10 - 20 hours per week. Ultimate responsibility is to work with our sales team to create an unsurpassed customer experience. Our training program will teach a nature lover the bird, hobby, product and sales knowledge needed to work with our great customers. Our service standard requires the ability to carry 50 lbs. bags of seed and the effort needed to create an exceptional in-store experience.
Our Sales Associates work with other staff, including the owners, to bring to life the store’s mission – “We Bring People and Nature Together®…And We Do It With Excellence!” To that end, we provide training with regard to backyard bird feeding, bird watching and product knowledge.
Position Considerations Include:
- We are open 7 days a week and associates are expected to be available on weekdays, weekends as well as evenings
- Previous retail and customer service experience a strong asset
- Must have a friendly, outgoing disposition
- Must have an interest in nature and wildlife- required
- Must be comfortable with computers and able to use a computer based POS system, Word and Excel (training for POS provided)
- Comfortable using Facebook and Instagram and creating content for both platforms
- Wild bird feeding experience is not required, but is a plus
- Holidays are busy times and Sales Associates are needed to work during these periods
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. bags of bird seed
- Ability to climb a 10 foot-ladder
- Ability to work in a fast paced setting and spend extended periods of time on ones feet
- Wild Birds Unlimited Sales Associates give our stores a competitive advantage that cannot be surpassed. Enthusiasm, professionalism, informed expert advice and superior customer service combine to help you in your role as a Sales Associate who can make a difference. Our goal is to provide quality products, service, expertise and a high energy shopping experience. Help customers bring nature into their own backyards and lives. Come join our team!
Apply for this Position
To apply for this position please email ([email protected]) for an application. We will be accepting applications until July 31st, 2018. All applicants MUST fill out our application, as there are specific questions for this job.
We appreciate all applications however only candidates whose background, qualifications and availability meets the needs of Wild Birds Unlimited of Amherst will be contacted for an interview.
The support and training that we provide to our Sales Associates will enable you to function confidently in a retail environment. We offer a competitive wage in a pleasant working environment.
Commitment To The Hobby Of Birdfeeding
Appreciation Of Nature
Interact With Great Customers
Positive, Professional Work Environment
High Standards Of Business Ethics
Wild Birds Unlimited Brand Products Contribute To The Store's Success
Complete Backyard Birdfeeding Training
Complete Retail Training
Training Provided To Do The Job Well
Recognition And Appreciation